Monday, April 21, 2014

Chapter 34 – Sex Show Torture!


Have no fear, Irene is here! I couldn’t believe that Donna’s lifelong friend had followed over to Amsterdam from Glenrothes, Scotland. I remembered the first week Donna had moved into my place on Camrose Drive, Irene and Fiona had called from the Greyhound bus station and now this. Oh well, I knew at least she wasn’t going to be sharing our room. Or was she?
We walked into the elevator and headed down to the lobby and lo and behold Irene was there in all her glory with her boyfriend, Steve. Steve was a low key individual who more than made up for Irene’s boisterous, bubbly demeanor and I was glad he would probably hold back her reins. After hugs and kisses from the girls, we went into the bar and ordered some drinks.
“I canny believe you came here on our honeymoon, Irene,” Donna laughed.
“What are best pals for?” Irene shot back. Steve and I just looked at each other with “what are you gonna do” expressions. It seemed that they were only here for a couple of days then were going to tour the countryside leaving Donna and me to our own marital bliss. Still, I could appreciate Donna had such a good friend that wanted to give her a royal send off into married life. I don’t think I have any friends that are so loyal. In fact, in the twenty years that I’ve been in Tennessee, not one friend of mine from L.A. had even come to visit. (hint hint).
After Steve and Irene retired to their room, Donna and I went to a local bar to take in some of the color of Amsterdam. They had this drink I got into called Geneva, that was a lot like Ouzo and it had the same powerful kick. I ordered one for me while Donna stuck with a gin and tonic. I noticed there was a pool table in the back with some Rastafarian holding court. He was winning every game so I casually strolled over and put a coin down on the table indicating I wanted a go. It was eight ball. The rules of this particular game was that you had to bank the black eight ball in the final shot to win—and you had to call the pocket it was going to land in. No problem. I was down five balls when he finally missed his shot. I knew I had to clear the table which I did. The last shot was an unbelievable bank shot which sent the eight ball scurrying to the far corner pocket and dropped in the pocket. I won three guilder. I knew it was going to be a magical night.

Donna then tried to persuade me to go to a live sex show. I was dumbfounded. Here was the demure Scottish lassie, one that I thought was so pure and innocent and she was trying to lead me into a place where people screwed their brains out on a stage. I needed a few more drinks for that. I got good and buzzed then agreed to the proposition.
“I’m not asking you to go up on stage and perform, only be a silent observer,” she said.
On the way there, I saw a torture museum. I wanted to stop there first to get me in the mood. Sick right? I was stalling and she knew it. After making the rounds and sticking my head into the stockade for fun, (Donna almost got her head in), we were ready to go to the Moulin Rouge in the Red Light district.

We took our seats in the fourth or fifth row of the theater and waited with anticipation for the show to begin. There were a few preliminary male and female dancers who looked quite nice with costumes that rivaled the Follies Bergere brought up to date for the 1990’s. Then came the main event. A young naked couple in their early twenties pranced around the stage and began to have intercourse. I was embarrassed as hell and wasn’t turned on in the least. It was almost funny the way they acted, like they were shaking hands (except it wasn’t hands they were shaking) at a business meeting or buying insurance. I wondered how they could keep it up (literally) for more than half an hour. I kept pretending I was an alien sent to earth to observe the strange customs of its inhabitants. It was the only way I was going to get through it without laughing. I have a tendency to have these strange fantasies whenever I’m in a situation where it is embarrassing to be human. Sorry, I got to go, my spaceship is double parked.
We went back to the hotel and in my mind I was going to try out a few of the pointers I picked up on stage, without the yawns and lack of interest, of course. Unfortunately, by the time my head hit the pillow at one a.m. I was dead to the world. The private show would have to wait.

The next morning we were heading back to Glenrothes for a few more days and then home to America as married folks. I wondered how being a team would affect my life now. How would my friends act now that I was the only one who wasn’t single? I would have to revise the use of the pronoun “I” and insert the word “We” instead. It was going to have to take some getting used to. Still I was excited and looked forward to getting back home as Mr. and Mrs. James Haymer. But most of all I missed my dogs—OUR dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment